The information available on or through this website includes information provided by the New Zealand Hi-Tech Trust (HTT) and information provided by third parties (providers of information). HTT has endeavoured to ensure that the information on this site is reliable and accurate at the time of publishing. However:
- neither HTT nor any of its members, contractors, and providers of information, make any express or implied representations or warranties regarding the material and facilities contained or referred to in this site;
- HTT, its members, contractors and providers of information, do not accept any liability, for any reason whatever, for any loss or damage which may arise in any way (a) out of the use of any of that material or facilities; or (b) from errors in or omissions from that material or facilities; or (c) from inaccuracy of any information obtained through use of this site.
HTT is not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website. The inclusion of or reference to any link to another website, or reference to any specific company or organisation, commercial product, process, or service, whether by trade name, trade mark, manufacture, or otherwise, does not constitute an endorsement, verification or recommendation by this site or HTT.
HTT may change, delete, add to, or otherwise amend information contained on this website without notice.The contents of this website should not be construed as legal or professional advice. Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer.
This website www.hitech.org.nz is brought to you by the New Zealand Hi-Tech Trust. It is written to support the New Zealand Hi-Tech Awards programme.
The following privacy statement applies to the New Zealand Hi-Tech Trust. (HTT). If you do not agree to this privacy statement you should stop accessing and using the Site.
- Collection: The HTT may gather two types of information about you from the Site: (a) personal information, provided by you at the time of voluntary registration for the services HTT offers; and (b) aggregate information generated by HTT's systems, which track traffic to the Site but do not relate to you personally.
- Disclosure of Information: HTT may disclose: (a) any information that HTT gathers about you to third parties for the purposes of providing you with additional services in relation to the NZ Hi-Tech Awards programme; (b) aggregate tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties; (c) your personal information to third parties, when HTT believes in good faith that HTT is required to do so by law; (d) your personal information to third parties, provided HTT has your prior authorisation, which HTT will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
- Use: HTT uses the personal information it collects: (a) to assist in providing the services requested by you; (b) to provide further information to you about other websites and services or which HTT considers may be of interest to you; (c) for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including to carry out direct marketing, market research and surveys related to the HTT programme; (e) for ensuring that you are shown the information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and (f) for any other use that you authorise.
- Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners: HTT does not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with the Site and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of the Site or services. The Site contains links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as HTT. HTT recommends that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
- Opting in and Opting Out: If HTT's intended collection, use or disclosure of your personal information is outside the collection, use or disclosure set out in this Privacy Statement HTT will give you the option to: (a) opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or (b) opt in to agree to be contacted by HTT in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to the Site, beta testing or promotional activities.
- Holding, Correcting and Updating: Any personal information that you provide to HTT will be collected and held by HTT at the offices of its contractor SwayTech Ltd 1/149 Parnell Road, Parnell, Auckland. If you are an individual, under the Privacy Act 1993, you have rights of access to and correction of personal information that HTT holds. HTT offers the ability to correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. If you have any questions about how HTT services work or regarding this statement, contact HTT by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about New Zealand's Privacy Act 1993 and how it protects the personal information of individuals in New Zealand, visit the website of the Privacy Commissioner