The Hi-Tech Foundation’s 'He Whetū Mārama Ngā Karahipi / Leading Light Scholarship Programme’ provides financial support for career development and advancement of New Zealand technology students.
Each year five successful applicants will be awarded up to $5,000 each to cover their tuition and living costs.
Scholarship application guidelines
To be eligible for this programme, you must:
- Be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- Illustrate financial need
- Be a graduating high school senior or current student enrolled in higher education
- Maintain progressive academic records
We will give preference to applicants that can illustrate a career trajectory that will:
- Increase innovation in technology
- Increase life opportunities
- Increase aspirations
- Increase community engagement
- Provide greater empowerment
- Enhance well being
Applications for the 2020 scholarship close on 31 October 2020.