Best Hi-Tech Solution for the Public Good
Entries have now closed. Good luck to our entrants!
Entries in this category are judged by a panel of both local and international judges.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Awards focus on the previous calendar year’s activity and the IP, value and innovation delivered in this timeframe. While previous activity and future potential is considered, the judge’s decision will be based on what has been delivered in that year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com or call 09 984 4140.
Eligibility for this category
- This category is for solutions made by and for not-for-profit / charitable organisations, as well as those made for the public sector such as government, local government and NGOs. It recognises those whose innovation is firmly focused on improving the lives of the people it serves, without the commercial drivers required for other categories. Therefore, in entering this category, you are ineligible to enter any other innovative product or industry categories with the same solution.
- You are currently a registered NZ company and qualify against at least two of the following criteria:
- Founded in NZ
- Headquartered in NZ (the location of your global head office)
- Have at least 20% of your employees reside in NZ
Note: If you’re not sure you qualify, please ask for verification.
In entering this category:
- You have developed a technology solution (hardware, software or service based) that is being provided without profit to members of society, either within NZ or globally. It is either freely available or the profit made can’t be used for individual or corporate advantage and must be either reinvested in the company and/or used to payback a loan or investment in the organisation
Note: profit is over and above what you pay for salaries and operational expenses
- Upon request, you will promptly supply the judges with evidence to support any claims made in this entry and be able to prove that:
- The solution was designed in NZ
- Your company owns or has rights to use the IP
Thanks for your interest in the NZ Hi-Tech Awards.
Both your unique link to enter and soft copy entry form have been sent to the email address provided. It may take a couple of minutes for the entry form to arrive in your inbox.