Welcome to the 2020 NZ Hi-Tech Awards.
Entries close at 5pm on Monday 2 March 2020.
Once submitted your entry is final and no further changes can be made.
Entries in this category are judged by a panel of both local and international judges.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Awards focus on the previous calendar year’s activity and the IP, value and innovation delivered in this timeframe. While previous activity and future potential is considered, the judge’s decision will be based on what has been delivered in that year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 09 984 4140.
Eligibility for this category
You are currently a registered NZ company and qualify against at least two of the following criteria:
- Founded in NZ
- Headquartered in NZ (the location of your global head office)
- Have at least 20% of your employees reside in NZ
Note: If you’re not sure you qualify, please ask for verification.
In entering this category:
- You have developed a science or engineering technology solution originating from primary research (deep tech).
- This solution has been taken to market in the past three years AND you can provide evidence of at least one arms-length sale in the calendar year ending 31 December 2019.
- Your deep tech solution is genuinely innovative and you can demonstrate how it’s positioned for future success.
- You are working, or have worked, directly with the scientists and/or researchers to create this solution.
- You will be able to provide evidence of at least one arms-length sale in the last calendar year; ending 31 December 2019.
- Upon request, you will promptly supply the judges with evidence to support any claims made in this entry and be able to prove that:
- The solution was designed in NZ
- Your company owns or has rights to use the IP
- The first arms-length sale of the solution was made between 1 January 2017 and 31 December 2019
Request an entry form for this category
Complete this form to receive your unique link to enter the [NEW] Most Innovative Deep Tech Solution. You are able to save and resume your entry using this link.
We will also send you a Word version of the entry form so you can collaborate with team members and get stakeholder approval prior to submitting your entry online.
Thanks for your interest in the 2020 Hi-Tech Awards.
Both your unique link to enter and soft copy entry form have been sent to the email address provided. It may take a couple of minutes for the entry form to arrive in your inbox.
Nominate someone for an award
It's time to shoulder-tap that company or someone that deserves a bit of recognition.
If there's a company or certain person out there that you think has what it takes, fill out this quick Nomination Form to let us know about them.
We'll reach out to them and let them know that they should enter - sometimes all you need is a little encouragement!
Nominations close 17 February 2020.