Welcome to the 2020 NZ Hi-Tech Awards.
This year’s inspiring individual nomination form comprises several sections which can be individually completed at any time, up until nominations close 5pm, 2 March 2020.
Once submitted your nomination is final and no further changes can be made.
Entries in this category are judged by a panel of international judges. Previous winners may not re-enter; as for the Flying Kiwi and Young Achiever Awards, this is an enduring recognition.
Entry is a two-stage process:
- Nominations are called for using the form below – nominations are also actively sought from living Flying Kiwis, members of our judging panel, industry groups and our alumni (category winners from the past two years) using the same form. The six individuals with the most nominations go through to round two. In the event of a draw for the sixth place, the NZ Hi-Tech Trust Board will have the casting vote.
- All six successful nominees are notified and have the right to decline nomination at this stage. All remaining nominees will be declared a finalist and interviewed by a journalist asking the same set of questions. The resulting responses will be issued to a panel comprised of international judges to select the category winner.
- This category is by nomination only. Nominees who make it to the final selection, will be notified that they are a finalist and have the right to decline nomination at that stage.
- Finalists in the Young Achiever Category cannot be a finalist in the Inspiring Individual Category in the same year; in the advent of this occurrence the entrant will be asked to select the category they will go forward in.
The winner of this category will be an individual who is:
- Making an outstanding contribution to a New Zealand hi-tech company as a director, senior executive, employee or contractor and/or to the hi-tech sector itself.
- Demonstrating qualities that single them out as a leader and achiever.
- Achieving far beyond what could be considered their “day job”.
- A permanent resident (having legally resided in NZ for a minimum of five years) or a NZ citizen.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email us at email@example.com or call us on 09 984 4140.
Request an entry form for this category
Complete this form to receive your unique link to enter the IBM Hi-Tech Inspiring Individual of the Year. You are able to save and resume your entry using this link.
We will also send you a Word version of the entry form so you can collaborate with team members and get stakeholder approval prior to submitting your entry online.
Thanks for your interest in the 2020 Hi-Tech Awards.
Both your unique link to enter and soft copy entry form have been sent to the email address provided. It may take a couple of minutes for the entry form to arrive in your inbox.