Welcome to the 2020 NZ Hi-Tech Awards.
Entries close at 5pm on Monday 2 March 2020.
Once submitted your entry is final and no further changes can be made.
Entries in this category are judged by a panel of both local and international judges.
Unless otherwise indicated, the Awards focus on the previous calendar year’s activity and the IP, value and innovation delivered in this timeframe. While previous activity and future potential is considered, the judge’s decision will be based on what has been delivered in that year.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 09 984 4140.
Eligibility for this category
You are currently a registered NZ company and qualify against at least two of the following criteria:
- Founded in NZ
- Headquartered in NZ (the location of your global head office)
- Have at least 20% of your employees reside in NZ
Note: If you’re not sure you qualify, please ask for verification.
In entering this category:
- You are able to establish a strong identity as Maori technology company and qualify for at least one of the following criteria:
- You have at least 50% Maori ownership.
- Your single largest shareholder is Maori.
- You are able to satisfy the judges that you qualify as a Maori entity covering a range of factors including shareholding, iwi, your team and vision.
- You have developed a hi-tech company that strongly identifies with the Maori heritage of its owners, team or products and has successfully sold at least one product, service or solution (outside of family and friends) in the calendar ending 31 December 2019.
- You may be a very young company, or one that has taken several years to get out of the starting blocks.
- You will be able to tell an exciting story of innovation, market opportunity, competitive advantage and how you plan to achieve the goals you’ve set including how identifying as a Maori company will give you an even greater chance of success.
- Upon request, you will promptly supply the judges with evidence to support any claims made in this entry.
Request an entry form for this category
Complete this form to receive your unique link to enter the Callaghan Innovation Hi-Tech Kamupene Māori o te Tau – Māori Company of the Year . You are able to save and resume your entry using this link.
We will also send you a Word version of the entry form so you can collaborate with team members and get stakeholder approval prior to submitting your entry online.
Thanks for your interest in the 2020 Hi-Tech Awards.
Both your unique link to enter and soft copy entry form have been sent to the email address provided. It may take a couple of minutes for the entry form to arrive in your inbox.
Please note: if you start your entry using the button below you must complete your entire entry without closing your browser. If you’d like a unique link that lets you start, save and resume your entry, then please request an entry form for this category instead.
Entries close 5pm, 2 March 2020.